There are many ways to volunteer with our program including tutoring, administrative support, workshop and trip coordination, leadership roles and more. Our program is based on one-on-one relationships between a volunteer and a child. Each child in our program is matched with one volunteer to meet 2-3 hours each week for a required commitment of at least ONE YEAR. Our volunteers come from a wide variety of backgrounds and interests. We train our volunteers, and no experience is necessary. Our volunteers are more than just tutors, they are mentors and friends.
As a tutor with Youth LIFT, you can help these children with their educational needs so that they can do better in school and go on to graduate from high school.
We help kids in elementary, middle, and high school with all types of study needs. Tutoring is flexible with a schedule that is convenient to both the volunteer and the child. For our volunteers, we offer meet and greet types of get togethers to network with other volunteers and have fun! We also provide activities for volunteers to bring their matched kids on group social events where all of the matched tutors/kids are invited.
- Tutoring one of the children in our program does require a commitment for a period of ONE YEAR. This is an essential requirement for tutoring. If you cannot meet this commitment, there are other opportunities to help (just ask how!)
- You must meet with the child for 2-3 hours each week. (Emergencies and vacations are perfectly fine, but consistency is important to the success of these kids.)
- Must be at least 20 years old to tutor.
- Must have reliable transportation, drivers license and car insurance. Volunteers pick up the children from their home locations and take them somewhere to study such as the library. *Our liability insurance covers this transportation.
- Background checks are conducted and any prior issues will be discussed.
- Tutors must complete an Orientation and Training, Volunteer Application, Volunteer Interview and Background Check.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our next Orientation and Training dates and how you can help. If you are looking to really make a difference in the life of someone less fortunate, this is the opportunity for you!